It’s summer and you want to be using your entire property! How can you make it even better? We’ve put together the latest trends and creative ideas for a fresh new garden feature you can enjoy this year and next!
Spring is the Planning and Planting Season
When your foliage and flowers are at their fullest is the time to think like an artist. Look for:
- Spots where the greenery is lacking (plant a large tree, think of how to cultivate a vine garden over a classy trellis, consider plant/shrub/tree heights for eye appeal)
- Look at your yard’s paths and patios (install a decorative gate in a fence, add a poured concrete pathway, tile the patio, plan a gazebo with a greenhouse starter area for next spring)
- Pay attention to the light (add feature lighting poolside, embed ground lights in the garden to highlight the colours, add summer fun lights along a fence)
Think of Something New
- A gentle garden swing for leisurely afternoons with a book and evenings watching the stars
- Hang a hammock between the trees
- Set up a new table area for summer dinners outside
- Add a back-yard focus for entertaining (brickwork fountain, circular seating area, outdoor portable heater)
- Create a tiered yard with a new retaining wall in natural stone
On the Wild Side
- Plant wisteria or camellia to train up a fence or gazebo feature
- Add an in-ground kiddie pool (for cooling off) and that amazing hot tub you’ve wanted!
- Create a “living driveway” with low-rise herbs and flowers growing between paving stone tire tracks
We’re Your Landscaping Experts!
Let your creativity shine this summer. The lawn and garden design and installation experts at Emerald Irrigation and Landscape can help your dreams become a beautiful reality — this year and forever! Call us for an on-site consultation.