Good fences make good neighbours. But good fencing can also be ugly and boring. Does your yard have a stretch of uninspired privacy fencing? Have you thought about perking up the fence and creating a great look for your house and yard?
Let’s look at some creative options for upgrading your wood privacy fence. The folks at Emerald Irrigation & Landscaping have great ideas – at a range of price-points – that can be ready to go for the 2022 summer backyard barbeque season.
Add a Bit of Bling
Here are several easy-to-install ideas that will perk up a simple wooden fence:
- Install an arched-top addition to the panels
- Add accents to plain pickets or decorative scrolls
- Top your fence posts with caps
- Build pillar additions or stone/faux-stone complements from the ground up
- Add a metal lattice topper along the fence line
Stand Out with a Bit of Paint
- Fresh stain and sealant can give an old fence new life
- Black paint creates eye-popping feature lines to frame your yard
- Contrasting paint colours makes an tired fence look brand new
- Try an old-style barn look with molding or plank additions
Have You Thought of Lighting, Plants, or Gates?
For a couple more creative ideas, consider:
- Embedded fence lighting using solar-powered post caps
- Climbing vines and lattice work for natural, artistic yard appeal
- Adding a decorative yard gate by replacing panels